Need meals? At-risk for COVID-19? Read here!

@paulette, I just checked it for you: all is good! A dispatcher will promote you today.

1 Like

Don’t yet see the restaurant list. Have I missed checking something? Thanks.

2 Likes

Not yet! It typically takes us a few hours to a day to validate your delivery address and contact info. You should get promoted shortly: you’ll get a welcome message from a dispatcher, and instructions!

1 Like

Taxe1180 meal request …

1 Like

@Taxe1180, you have been made a consumer for over a day, and we have messaged you to ask you to pass a holiday meal order quickly as the deadline has passed, but you have not responded. There are only a few left. If you want one, please go to this thread and order right away: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/more-holiday-meals-first-come-first-serve-s12-18/4951

3 posts were split to a new topic: Ozzie can now order meals

@Ozzie, welcome! I just did it for you. A dispatcher will promote you in 4-24 hours after they check your delivery info.

A post was merged into an existing topic: AnaVJ can now order meals!

I registered and want to make sure I checked the “I want to order meals” box.

1 Like

Hi @meicheng, it seems like you didn’t, but that’s not a problem! A dispatcher will promote you in 4-24 hours after they check your delivery info.

1 Like

I am requesting one meal to be delivered every other day to an elderly man who lives alone and has become very disabled recently. He needs food that is soft or that he can cut into small pieces as he has no teeth. Although he lives in an apartment, it is easily accessible from the driveway and he can come to the door (but not walk outside). I hope you are still accepting new members for your much needed service. Thank you so much (on behalf of Lester T[edited for personal info])

Hi @BlueRose, and welcome! The delivery should not be a problem given your description, and neither should the food: most of our restaurant partners can provide the right kind of food!

You do understand, though, that you or the person on whose behalf you are registering will need to pass the order directly to the restaurant, always a day ahead, correct?

Now I understand–I need to read the menus one day ahead to order. Is the ordering all online? How do we pay? Do we set up an account through you? Or?
I’m very excited to try this service and grateful that you all have set this up. I’m also impressed that you are hard at work tonight and answering my email registration.
Thank you from BlueRose!

It is simpler than that :slight_smile:

We make deals with local restaurants (about a dozen are live at any given time) so that they sell to our members 2 meals for $10 + tax. Our volunteers deliver them for free. The catch is:

• you must call and order (and pay) by phone one day ahead
  • you always order 2 meals (dinner next day + lunch day after, although you don’t have to eat them at those moments, of course)
  • you don’t get to pick what you buy: the restaurant will pick the menu the next day. But you can verify with them on the phone that it will be OK for you, or, in your case, the person you are registering: you can (1) pick a type of cuisine that will work for you (most of our restaurants will work for you) and (2) ask to make sure that it will be easy to eat (although you can’t pick what it will be)
  • you set up the account here, as you just did. We will validate your delivery address and contact info, then promote you to member, at which time you can look at the list of restaurants, ordering times etc.

Hope this makes sense! Ask as many questions as you need!

Thank You. I am ready to go when you say so.

1 Like

I didn’t order meals when I first signed up but have since been diagnosed with Covid and now I could absolutely use that service! what do I need to do?

1 Like

No worries, @wordfreek: your order request flag is up. You do not need to do anything. A dispatcher will validate your address and promote you in the next 24 hours!

@BlueRose, we just figured out that you had not checked the “I want to order meals” box at registration. We just did it for you, and our dispatchers are now able to promote you. That should happen in the next 12 to 24 hours. Welcome!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Shiny: am I a member?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Hinckas can now order meals