Our dispatchers have made you a meal logistics volunteer, so now you can access the meal logistics category on the website.
We would be delighted to have you and your son join us for Wed pickup management, roughly from 11:30am to 3:00pm!
We also have three types of regular volunteer positions in meal logistics—we could use more volunteers in each category!
- Meal prep: we prep meals on Sundays from 10:00am to 3:00pm (morning and afternoon shifts possible) in a very large hall, with 30-foot ceilings and industrial ventilation, under the supervision of our Chef Alan. We also cook meals 9:00am-12:00pm on Mondays. No experience required!
- Food packing: we pack and clean on Mondays from 11:30am to 2:30pm, in the same place, in a very congenial atmosphere!
- Pickup management: we prepare driver pickup and load deliveries, outdoors, on different days and times of the week. Our biggest run is Monday from 2:30-4:30pm, but we have several others
- We also run all these activities on special days for large events, such as Thanksgiving and the winter holidays.
What schedules work best for you?
Once you reply to this message, you will get “tagged” (i.e. called out by your username, which will automatically generate an email for you) in a thread in the meal logistics subcategory (subcat), where you will be given directions for the training session you can attend!
Thanks so much again for volunteering with us: we look forward to working with you!
For complete information of our Christmas runs, we have, for full shifts or for 3-hour shifts:
- On Sunday 12/5 and Monday 12/6 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
- On Sunday 12/12 and Monday 12/13 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
- On Sunday 12/19 and Monday 12/20, from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
- On Thursday 12/23 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, driver pickup managers
Let us know what you’d like to participate in!