Jlev now event volunteer!

Hi, I can help Wednesday 24th, either 11-3 with prep etc, or 1-4 for delivery.
Thanks
Josie

2 Likes

Hi @jlev, welcome to HelpBerkeley.org and thanks very much for volunteering!

Our dispatchers have made you a event logistics volunteer, so now you can access the meal logistics category on the website.

We are so glad that you already provided us with dates! We would love to have you volunteer on Wed 11/24 11-3 for pickup management: you are on that list. You will soon get a message with more information.

For complete information, for our Thanksgiving and their Holiday runs, we have, for full shifts or for 3-hour shifts:

• On Sunday 11/21 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers (prep, pack, clean) in a very congenial atmosphere!
  • On Monday 11/22 from 10:00am till ?, food preppers and packers (prep, pack, clean). Chef Alan leads the cooking, while our experienced packing leads organize pack teams.
  • On Wednesday 11/24 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, driver pickup managers (organize drivers and driver traffic, load vehicles)
  • On Sunday 12/12 and Monday 12/13 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
  • On Sunday 12/19 and Monday 12/20, from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
  • On Thursday 12/23 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, driver pickup managers

Thanks you for including me. I’m clueless as to where I’m physically supposed to go (your location, from my home?), assuming you’ll know I’ve also no clue yet what’s really being asked of me. I’m unfamiliar with this type of volunteering, and your great organization.
Will I be contacted about the next step?
Thanks, Josie

2 Likes

Of course, no worry! We will send you a very detailed message explaining the whole setup, the location, where to park, etc. As an example (this is not for your location or day), this is the kind of message we send (you will need to be logged in to see it):

Sunday 11/21 Food prep and pack instructions!

OK, thanks for including me. I’m waiting now on more details for being an event volunteer for 11/14.

1 Like

Thanks so much! The message will go out around 4pm with all the details!