Please volunteer to dispatch by posting here

Hey @Josie and @Bennjamin, welcome to the site! Glad to have you on board!

Thanks so much for volunteering with us!

I have made you both dispatchers, so you can now see the dispatcher subcategories (subcats) of the website.

Your first task is to familiarize yourself with the site. The best way to do that is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Create a new topic in the /Dispatch/ category (found on the main page of the site) if you have any questions, and I or another staff member will explain anything :slight_smile: .

After that, please find your way into the Dispatch Outreach area: I tagged you there (with a @).

Thank you again!

@MichelThouati maybe you could contact Bennjamin about route planning?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Esfandiar I can dispatch

Hi there, happy to work on dispatch tasks!

Hi! I am happy to help this great effort of helping our most vulnerable in Berkeley!

@Berkeley75 and @maya_d,

@Berkeley75, welcome to the site, and that you both for volunteering for us!

I have made you both dispatchers, so you can now see the dispatcher subcategories (subcats) of the website.

Your first task is to familiarize yourself with the site. The best way to do that is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Create a new topic in the /Dispatch/ category (found on the main page of the site) if you have any questions, and I or another staff member will explain anything :slight_smile: .

After that, please find your way into the Dispatch Outreach area: I tagged you there (with a @).

Thank you again!

@MichelThouati maybe you could contact Bennjamin about route planning?

1 Like

I did already. We had our first workflow training session last night.

I would like to be a dispatcher.

Hey @tamarap, welcome to Help Berkeley! Glad to have you on board!

Thanks so much for volunteering with us!

I just made you a dispatcher, so you can now see the dispatcher subcategories (subcats) of the website.

Thank you again!

Just spoke with Michel on the phone and I’m excited to get involved as a dispatcher!

1 Like

Awesome, @natalie.johnson, thanks so much for volunteering!

I just made you a dispatcher, so you can now see the dispatcher subcategories (subcats) of the website.

Thank you again!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Rosie volunteer dispatcher

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ajwo2 dispatcher

2 posts were split to a new topic: Lean dispatching

Hi, can you make me a dispatcher and a driver please, so I can read the new dispatcher welcome?

Thanks,
Peter Catalano

1 Like

Hi @family4444, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org!

Our dispatchers have made you a dispatcher, so now you can access dispatcher-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

Dispatcher links
Your first task is to familiarize yourself with the site. The best way to do that is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Create a new topic in the /Dispatch/ category (found on the main page of the site) if you have any questions, and I or another staff member will explain anything :slight_smile:

To discuss dispatch availability, can you reply to this thread: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/dispatcher-availability/220/18?

Dispatchers work primarily in 4 different areas (each typically has one or two areas that they pick):

• customer care on the website: promoting people to different roles on the site, answering questions, and helping people get the most out of the service
    … and on the upcoming helpline: doing the same on the phone, since many of our users are not tech savvy.
  • outreach and inreach: informing our target population of the existence of our service, by doing marketing activities, or directly reaching our customers and asking them if they know more people who could be helped by our service
    … and through social networks: we are just starting to do that
  • workflow dispatching: the most difficult of all tasks, but also the one we need most, in a way, since it is needed for the next day’s orders. It requires reconciling the photo orders form the restaurant and producing the delivery’s runs for the next day: it takes a decent understanding of Google Sheets and online platforms to be effective at it. We need more people in this group who are attracted to the prospect of producing our daily runs.

So let us know what you would be most interested in, and I will put you in touch with the right people!

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

@family4444, you told me on the phone you would like to do workflow dispatching: I am tagging you on the workflow training thread!

Hello! My name is Avey and I have been in contact with Michel.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Sblank dispatch volunteer

I am a little confused what dispatching involves. I am free outside of a M-F 8-4 work schedule. Can I get more information?

1 Like

Hi,
I live in a house with 20 guys, some are UC Berkeley students, some are recent alum. We are looking for an opportunity to volunteer this Saturday. Are there any opportunities?

1 Like