Please volunteer to dispatch by posting here

Hello, I would love to be a dispatcher. I’d be happy to provide tech support and help with outreach, though also happy to help where there is the most need. Also, I’m working to get other people from my chorus, Sacred and Profane, to volunteer – so you may see some references to that from other volunteers (I hope!). Thank you!

Hayley

2 Likes

I would like to help with marketing and outreach. Contact me at michai.freeman@gmail.com. Thank you for all you do.

1 Like

Hi, I am a BHS student who wants to be a dispatcher! What can I do to help?

2 Likes

Hi, I’m a BHS student who would be interested in dispatching. Let me know!

2 Likes

Hi, I have more availability to help as a dispatcher than driving over the summer - lmk if you need more dispatchers, and thanks!

Wendy

2 Likes

I’d like to be a dispatcher please assign people to the delivery type of thing is there a role here for that?

1 Like

Hi @Arcticwolf, we do have workflow dispatchers that do just that—but it is a technical task with a lot of spreadsheet work: does that work for you?

I work with spreadsheets with a dog rescue so I’m used to it moving data from one sheet to another and entering it etc.

Perfect then! Can you do your first training session this Wed or this Fri late afternoon/ early evening?

im from UK so i would need to figure out the time zone.

1 Like

Oh got it. We are PDT right now. You are 7 hours before us. Hmm: this might make it hard for you, as our sessions are typically late afternoon/ early evening. Let’s see if we can make it work. How late do you typically stay up?

be no good then.

We can run 2 of these sessions earlier. So if you tell me what times work out for you we can see what works on our end.

7pm-9pm BST

We have a 40-60 drop run on Monday afternoons that can be dispatched on Saturdays at that time. Would that work for you? In fact, it could be run any time that afternoon and evening your time.

Sorry for the late reply only saw your message when I got told I’m now a dispatcher. So just need some training now to dispatch drivers. @MichelThouati

1 Like

@Arcticwolf can you be available for training tomorrow Sat late afternoon early Eve for you, say around 7pm your time, or earlier?

yes

1 Like

all the info looks dunting. Also, do we need to give a month’s availability? If that’s so then I cant carry on often get last min plans. @MichelThouati

You can change your availability as you need when things change. We typically schedule a week ahead. If we end up being busy we ask other dispatchers for a swap.