Hi @remi , welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We would love to work with you. Our dispatchers have made you a event volunteer (evolunteer), and you can now access volunteer areas on the website.
As a event volunteer, you have access to many opportunities! Here are some of them:
- You can prep and cook food . Specifically for Thanksgiving and the 2021 Holidays, they occur on Sundays, normally between 10:00am and 3:00pm or in shorter shifts, and on Mondays between 9:00am and 1:00pm. We do food prep in a huge hall that used to be a First World War Women’s Auxiliary hall, with about 30 foot ceilings, and enormous fans and vents. Everyone wears masks, and we check temperature on arrival.
- for Thanksgiving, you can volunteer for Sunday 11/21 10:00am-3:00pm, or only one of these 2 shifts (10:00am, or 1:00pm), or for Monday 11/22 9:00am to 3:00pm+, or only one of these 2 shifts (9:00am, or 11:30am)
- You can package food , in the same location and conditions, on some Sundays and on Mondays.
- Same times and days as above for Thanksgiving
- You can manage driver pickups , outdoors
- For Thanksgiving on Wed 11/24 between 11:00am and 3:00pm
- For the winter Holidays on Thu 12/23 between 11:00am and 3:00pm
- You can drive to deliver food to recipients’ homes
- For Thanksgiving on Wed 11/24 starting around 1:00pm for about 2-3 hours
- For the winter holidays on Thu 12/23 around the same time.
What would you like to do? Please reply to this message!
One of us will contact you in the next 24-48 hours as well.
Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re so glad to have you on board!