Tipping restaurants and drivers?

Thank you very much.
I don’t see any rules regarding tipping either the restaurant when I order or the delivery person. Advice?

2 Likes

@Tyoneo, it is SO gracious and kind of you!

You cannot tip either restaurants or drivers:-)

• We make agreements with restaurants where they can only charge $10 + tax, and nothing more. So they are not able to charge any more, even if you ask to leave a tip.

• Drivers are volunteers who do what they do because they want to help those who are vulnerable to COVID-19: so we don’t accept tips either!

But is is truly nice of you to be so thoughtful!

1 Like

I have been following your June 12 advice on this subject, and asking that $2 be added to the bill. Each restaurant has complied so far. A small gesture in appreciation for the restaurants’s participation in the program.

I would like to make it clear that I raised the subject of tipping to see if there was a way for program participants to voluntarily tip restaurants (and delivery persons) for meals purchased. It was not my intent to suggest that it be made a requirement. I’m sure there are many participants who are willing and can afford to pay the higher amount including myself. But unfortunately, I’m also sure there are others who will find it a hardship. If indeed the cost for each meal is now $12 plus tax, I suggest you clearly inform participants, both registered and new, so that there are no misunderstandings. Thank you.

Ooops. I just figured out that a consumer wrote the email re: the $2 tip for restaurants. My apologies for the confusion.

2 Likes