Vabeles Driver

Hi @vabeles, welcome to HelpBerkeley.org and thanks very much for volunteering!

Our dispatchers have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

The next driver training sessions, on Zoom, are listed on this thread: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-training-this-week/874. Can you reply to the thread and let us know which session you will attend? Our next sessions are tomorrow, Thursday 12/17 at 10:00am and 1:00pm, are you able to attend either?

Until then, here is a link to the core information required for drivers to ramp up:
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66
(only clickable by drivers) . Let us know if you have any questions! This FAQ is written for our regular divers, and the event only runs are slightly less intensive, so don’t worry !

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

@vabeles Thank you so much for volunteering with us, we would love to work together to find how you might be able to volunteer! The roles we have for volunteers are:

• drivers: doing deliveries to our members - we deliver every night!
  • dispatchers: doing everything from collecting orders to optimizing routes, this is our most “challenging” role, involving many technical processes and using our software
  • customer care: helping our members with any problems they may have
  • media & outreach: helping us get people to know us!

Vicki, what sounds most interesting to you? What is your availability like? We so look forward to working with you!

@vabeles, Just talked with one of our lead volunteers and we would love to have you as a driver going forward. As a matter of fact, we would love to have you for a driver training session tomorrow night at 8pm! I do know that this can be a tough time on a week night, so let us know if it doesn’t work. You have been so enthusiastic about helping us, and I cannot thank you enough!

Look forward to talking soon, and feel free to text/call if you’d like to discuss that way instead. You’ve got my number!

All the best,
Leo