Appreciative Dispatcher

Hi @appreciative , thanks so much for volunteering as a dispatcher! Our dispatchers have made you a dispatcher, and you can now access dispatcher areas on the website.

As a dispatcher, you always volunteer from home, working remotely! You can pick one (or more) of these two areas:

• Customer care: respond to questions from new members on how to register and use the system
    Our volunteers may pick shifts of roughly 3 hours, throughout the day and the week
  • Workflow dispatch: prepare delivery runs for our drivers—a somewhat technical and detailed-oriented task that requires good familiarity with spreadsheets
    Workflow dispatching shifts start at 7:00pm. Volunteer may pick days of the week for their shifts.

Per our discussion, though, I know you are interested in Customer Care dispatching, and I will tag you in that area for orientation after Christmas is past!

The best way to familiarize yourself with HelpBerkeley.org is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Ask if you have any questions!

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

Sorry it took me awhile to see this note. I am ready to volunteer and would like to talk to someone on the phone about next steps

Appreciative (Raquel) 510 289 2211

Michel:

I am ready to volunteer with HelpBerkeley but after taking the online training I am not savvy enough to manage the online platform; is there any work I can do to support HelpBerkeley that takes place outside of using the online platform?

Raquel

1 Like

Hi Raquel! Tagging in for Michel duty here, its a very busy week :slight_smile:.

I’m sorry to hear that the online systems ended up being too much technology-wise. Unfortunately, we do hear this from time to time, the system has a very steep learning curve. We would love to have you work with us in some capacity nonetheless! Sadly, many of our processes involve online systems to manage the many technical processes that we work with across HelpBerkeley. Customer care is a surprisingly technically focused responsibility, since its scope is so massive. That said, there are rare exceptions to this!

Would it be alright if we reached out slightly down the line, when we have an opportunity that is compatible with your abilities and expertise? Very often, we have new projects that come up which require new people with different skill sets!

In the meantime, here is what I can recommend. At our huge volunteer Zoom this weekend, Sunday 1/31 at 4:00pm we will be discussing new plans internally at HelpBerkeley which have a massive scope. I would not be surprised if there was a way we could fit you into this project! Please, if you are able, join us this weekend! We would love to hear your thoughts and input on our new path forward as an organization. More info to follow will be posted here: Rolling out a free meal program: pls help shape it on Sun 1/31 4:00pm Zoom! (this is where you posted, but I moved your comment so we could discuss in more depth :slight_smile:).

Looking forward to connecting very soon & to finding a way for you to join our team!

All the best,
Leonardo

Leonardo:

Thanks for taking the time to write to me. I will try to participate in the weekend discussion.

Raquel

1 Like