Candice dispatcher

Hi @Candice, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We would love to work with you. Our dispatchers have made you a dispatcher, and you can now access dispatcher areas on the website.

You and I already discussed what we were going to work on, so there is no need for you to go through any regular training. FYI, I am including below the normal welcome message.

As a dispatcher, you always volunteer from home, working remotely! You can pick one (or more) of these two areas:

• Customer care: respond to questions from new members on how to register and use the system
    Our volunteers may pick shifts of roughly 3 hours, throughout the day and the week
  • Workflow dispatch: prepare delivery runs for our drivers—a somewhat technical and detailed-oriented task that requires good familiarity with spreadsheets
    Workflow dispatching shifts start at 7:00pm. Volunteer may pick days of the week for their shifts.

What would you like to do? Please let us know by replying to this!

The best way to familiarize yourself with HelpBerkeley.org is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Ask if you have any questions!

Hi Michel
I’m pretty good with spreadsheets if you need me there. I used them a lot when I was working. It also might give me a better understanding of how the operation works.
I’ll take a look at the new dispatcher welcome. Looking forward to it!
Candice

1 Like

Candice, it is great to know that you are a spreadsheet ace! In the FMProgram scope, there is plenty of spreadsheet work that will need to find a home :slight_smile:

But—If you are interested in other work as well, outside of FMProgram, we have plenty!

Yes, happy to do spreadsheets! I’m a bit confused as to how to begin?
Candice

1 Like

@Leonardo, @Candice is going to start the Programs Office for the Free Meals program. That’s where she is going to spreadsheet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops! Jumped the gun :slight_smile:. Glad to have you on board nonetheless, Candice!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: What should I do?