Kay dispatcher

Hi @Kay, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We would love to work with you. Our dispatchers have made you a dispatcher, and you can now access dispatcher areas on the website.

You and I already discussed what we were going to work on, so there is no need for you to go through any regular training. FYI, I am including below the normal welcome message.

As a dispatcher, you always volunteer from home, working remotely! You can pick one (or more) of these two areas:

• Customer care: respond to questions from new members on how to register and use the system
    Our volunteers may pick shifts of roughly 3 hours, throughout the day and the week
  • Workflow dispatch: prepare delivery runs for our drivers—a somewhat technical and detailed-oriented task that requires good familiarity with spreadsheets
    Workflow dispatching shifts start at 7:00pm. Volunteer may pick days of the week for their shifts.

What would you like to do? Please let us know by replying to this!

The best way to familiarize yourself with HelpBerkeley.org is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Ask if you have any questions!

Hi Michel,
We talked yesterday about my volunteering for phone work. I didn’t think it was as a dispatcher, but I am not sure. I haven’t gotten any information how to start yet. I have thought of a few questions. Do you have an email you could send me ? Or do you want me to communicate by your cell ?

Kay

1 Like

@Kay, we misprogrammed the subcategory where your other message was. Can you confirm that you got the second one now?

Dispatchers are the general role that we give to anyone doing “back-office” volunteer tasks. It implies nothing as to what you do!

Yes I got the message explaining some of our role. I would be one of those people liking a 20 minute tutorial because I am still unsure on the computer.

Kay

1 Like