Ciccinafhg event volunteer!

Hi @ciccinafhg, welcome to HelpBerkeley.org and thanks very much for volunteering!

Our dispatchers have made you a event logistics volunteer, so now you can access the meal logistics category on the website. I also replied to your email directly!

I added you to the Wed pickup crew: you will really enjoy your session! Soon, you will receive an email (a post really) that will give you all the details you need for that day.

FYI, for our Thanksgiving and their Holiday runs, we have, for full shifts or for 3-hour shifts:

• On Sunday 11/21 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers (prep, pack, clean) in a very congenial atmosphere!
  • On Monday 11/22 from 10:00am till ?, food preppers and packers (prep, pack, clean). Chef Alan leads the cooking, while our experienced packing leads organize pack teams.
  • On Wednesday 11/24 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, driver pickup managers (organize drivers and driver traffic, load vehicles)

Hi @ciccinafhg,

I just noticed a slight misalignment between your original email and what we assigned you for.

You asked to volunteer for Thanksgiving Day. But we assigned you to pickup management on Wed 11/24: that is the day before Thanksgiving.

Will that work for you? The only option we have on Thanksgiving day proper is delivery driver for backup runs.

Hi Michel,

I am a little confused.

Indeed, I initially per email signed up for driving on “Thanksgiving” Day. But when I was in the online system, looking at dates, I could not find Nov 25, so I thought deliveries were done a day prior, on Nov 24, since that day was offered.

So…
I prefer to drive (meeting people), and am available either Nov 24 or 25. If you are short on volunteers, I can consider both.
If you need me elsewhere, that’s okay.
(I am vegetarian though and find it hard to handle meat, so no food handling.)

Much thanks,
Ciccina

1 Like

Hi @ciccinafhg, you are correct, we schedule all deliveries on 11/24. But there are always issues on Thanksgiving Day, so we keep some backup drivers on 11/25 in case we have to rush an extra order or two. In fact, we could add you to the 11/25 backup drivers if you’d like! You wouldn’t be guaranteed to take a run though, which is why, typically, we ask our old-timers to be on backup.

At this stage we are pretty well taken care of for drivers for 11/24 :frowning: Would you be OK doing pickup management for the driver pickup on 11/24 from 11:30-3:00pm? You would be a part of the pickup team organizing driver pickup and loading the drivers? You will also meet a ton of drivers and pickup managers.

If you’d really rather drive, I can ask and see if they can add you to the driver team. You would need to go through a quick driver orientation session for that (you need to login to click on this link): Event driver orientation for Thanksgiving run on 11/24!

Hi Kaelan, thank you for all the information.

If you need the help, I can assist with the pick-up management on 11/24, as you suggested.

If you happen to need some help on the 25th, feel free to contact me.

Best,
Ciccina

1 Like