Donovan driver volunteer!

Hi @Donovan , welcome to HelpBerkeley.org and thanks very much for volunteering! You are a friend of Sheila and Suzy: they are WONDERFUL!

Our dispatchers have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

FAQ: what an event driver needs to know

We will be contact you shortly to schedule a driver or an event driver training session on Zoom. Please be sure to have read through your FAQ first!

We will be running a major delivery run on Thu 12/23 starting around 1:00pm for holiday dinners will you be able to drive with us that day? Before that, we will be running daily runs, as always, and we’d gladly have you participate in those as well, with the frequency that works for you!

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

Hi, I’m the David you met Sunday helping pack food and wash dishes. I mostly registered in order to volunteer Sunday and checked driver because I didn’t know what we’d be doing. I drive for Meals on Wheels Mondays and Wednesdays. Your email said:

We will be running a major delivery run on Thu 12/23

Do you mean Tuesday 23rd or Thanksgiving Thursday 25th? I am available Tuesday 23rd and would be glad to drive or anything you need.
David

2 Likes

Hi David-

It was so much fun meeting you today and going through this session together!

the run I mentioned is in December, Thursday Dec 23.

But—it is already wonderful to drive for Meals and Wheels—don’t feel like you need to drive for us as well :slight_smile: If you’d like to come to another prep&pack session in Dec that would already be great!

Full disclosure we ask drivers to take a 1/2 hour of driver orientation before their first run, that presents the tech we use for our runs :slight_smile:

@Donovan