NancyJaneP Driver

Hi @NancyJaneP, thanks very much for volunteering - so sorry it has taken this long for us to put you into our system!

Our dispatchers have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

The next driver training sessions, on Zoom, are listed on this thread: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-training-this-week/874. Can you reply to the thread and let us know which session you will attend?

Our soonest training session is tomorrow (Saturday 5/8) at 11:00am, and we would love to have you!

Until then, here is a link to the core information required for drivers to ramp up:
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66
(only clickable by drivers) . Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

Hi Leonardo,
Thanks for getting back to me. It looks like I have missed the Saturday training, but there are two on Tuesday. I thought I was signing up for the delivery of food boxes on Thursday. Is that job still available? I will attempt to download the software for drivers and, if successful, I will sign up for the Tuesday 4 pm training. I am 72 so if you have another job that takes less travel, that would be good too. Maybe in the office? I am very organized (retired teacher) and quite articulate. Otherwise, I’ll be at the driver training!
Thanks so much, and have a pleasant day,
Nancy

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response, Nancy! I am enamored by your generosity to help us deliver meals, thank you so much! I am going to tag in our wonderful CEO @MichelThouati, as he may know what the best fit may be given your circumstances.

Here’s a brief overview of what opportunities we have for volunteers:

On-site, and in person:

• Kitchen and meal-pickup management
  • Meal packing and bagging
  • Car packing assistance
  • Driving & delivery

Remote:

• Dispatching
    • Customer care
    • Workflow (driver routing, our most technical role)
    • Operations (on-call person for our drivers during delivery)
    • Driver lead/coordinator (assigns drivers to the runs)
  • Out-reach/in-reach
    • One of our broadest roles, helping us connect with our current members and volunteers - as well as local communities and organizations.

Let me know what you think you might be interested in! We are always looking for organized and articulate people to help us Help Berkeley, and we would be so excited to work with you!

Best,
Leonardo

1 Like

Hi @NancyJaneP, this is so supernice of you to volunteer with us!!!

If that was something you would consider, right now we are in great need of food preppers. But we can use help in any area.

1 Like