PAULA Driver

We would like to become drivers. We just ordered a meal for our elderly neighbor for tomorrow so we can see how it works.

1 Like

Hi @GailT, welcome to HelpBerkeley.org and thanks very much for volunteering!

Our dispatchers have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

The next driver training sessions, on Zoom, are listed on this thread: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-training-this-week/874. Can you reply to the thread and let us know which session you will attend?

Until then, here is a link to the core information required for drivers to ramp up:
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66
(only clickable by drivers) . Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

Hey there @GailT! Now that your promotion message is out of the way, I have a quick question about your account :slight_smile:. It is so amazing that you are doing this for your neighbor! I can only imagine how tremendously heartwarming it must feel for them to have people who care about them so much in their community. When you signed up with us, I assume you registered with your neighbor’s address, right? If so, we may need to put together another account for you as a driver - we need to have the two accounts if they are two different addresses, because we need your address as a driver (so that we can make your delivery route as optimized as possible). I know this is a little complicated, so if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call, shoot me a text or reply here from your inbox or the website. My cell is (510)-708-4413. Looking forward to working with you!

@GailT Talked with Michelle earlier - you are all cleared with the address! We have training this week, and we’d love to have you. Would you be able to join our session Thursday 1/28 at 11:00am? Let us know! We have many options for timing, and are happy to work together to make it work with your schedule :slight_smile:

thanks that time doesn’t work - I will check with Bill my husband to see his schedule since we will be sharing the job.

1 Like

Ok, great! No worries. We have many times available! There is another Thursday 1/28 session at 2pm, does that work? If not we have another Saturday 1/30 at 11:00am. You can see a full list of the times we offer here: New Driver Training - they are the same each week.

Good evening, Gail! Hope you are well. Are you able to make it to the training tomorrow at 2pm? If not, how about Saturday 1/30 at 11:00am? We would loved to get you and Bill trained soon!

All the best!

Hi Leonardo thanks for your persistence. I am in the middle of a training right now and this week is not good. But would be happy to join next week

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: sorry to be a bother! I’ll reach out next week.

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Driver Training