Please volunteer to dispatch by posting here

A post was split to a new topic: Noami Dispatch

Hi I would like to volunteer as a dispatcher!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for volunteering with us, @kellyd998, you have been promoted as a dispatcher! Thank you for being so prompt in scheduling your first training session!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Olivia new dispatcher

Hi! Hayley here and I’m available to dispatch and drive. Please let me know how to get started! Thanks!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Rascal Dispatcher

Hi my name is Angelina, I would like to be a dispatcher. I’m a BHS student too.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Malin, I would like to volunteer to be a dispatcher. I’m also a BHS student :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! I am a new volunteer ready to help as a dispatcher, and am also a Berkeley High School Student :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Desl new dispatcher

I am signed up to receive meals from you and would like to help with dispatching as long as I can do that safely from home.

A post was split to a new topic: Kira new dispatcher

You’re already registered in the student group – I think you’ll be contacted from there. (I’m new at this so get back to us if nothing happens within a couple of days.) Thanks for volunteering!

Hi Kira, thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley! We’re so happy to have you! It looks like you selected meal packaging and logistics when you signed up - but I see here that you’re more interested in dispatching. Dispatching is our biggest group of volunteers in terms of responsibility and variety of roles, there’s a little something for everyone! Here are the main types of dispatching roles we have, all of which are completely remote:

• Customer care: respond to questions from new members on how to register and use the system
    Our volunteers may pick shifts of roughly 3 hours, throughout the day and the week
  • Workflow dispatch: prepare delivery runs for our drivers—a somewhat technical and detailed-oriented task that requires good familiarity with spreadsheets
    Workflow dispatching shifts start at 7:00pm. Volunteers may pick days of the week for their shifts.

Workflow dispatching is our most intricate and delicate task - it requires a lot of attention, focus and determination, but is equally rewarding! We are always looking for more workflow dispatchers, as it can be a difficult skill to source.

We would love to hear more about how you’re looking to help volunteer, and again thanks so much for generously offering your time with us.

Best,
Leo

2 Likes

Hi, I was a driver last Summer for HelpBerkeley, and Sol asked me to become a dispatcher but I was off the grid for a few months so I was unable to. I would love to help out as a dispatcher now if there is a need!

2 Likes

Hi @Evab1 , welcome back, it is great to see you here again!

Just to clarify, would you rather volunteer as a driver or a dispatcher?

Hello, I’d love to help out as a dispatcher!

1 Like

Hello, I would love to be a dispatcher. I’d be happy to provide tech support and help with outreach, though also happy to help where there is the most need. Also, I’m working to get other people from my chorus, Sacred and Profane, to volunteer – so you may see some references to that from other volunteers (I hope!). Thank you!

Hayley

2 Likes

I would like to help with marketing and outreach. Contact me at michai.freeman@gmail.com. Thank you for all you do.

1 Like

Hi, I am a BHS student who wants to be a dispatcher! What can I do to help?

2 Likes