A virtual Thanksgiving community dinner! Post Pics!

Ah, thank you! He’s actually the reason I started volunteer driving with HelpBerkeley. During these hard times, I wanted a safe activity he and I could do together where we could talk about taking care of others during the pandemic. He drives with me about once a month and often falls asleep in his car seat, but we get the time together.

3 Likes

This is so precious! My parents used to drive me around to get me to take naps when I was his age, we used to call it taking a drive to Nappy Town :laughing:

2 Likes

We didn’t grab any pictures before we dug into our meal tonight, but here’s my mom and I on our delivery run yesterday! It was such a delight getting to see some of your faces!

2 Likes

Deep gratitude to all of you, and the care, love, hours of work, cooking, organization and delivery you all have put into making this Thanksgiving dinner happen. Am deeply moved, touched and nourished by your heartfelt generosity, efforts and care. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you to all the organizers, chefs, drivers, & every volunteer who made this such a successful venture.
I greatly enjoyed my meal, even after getting a tooth pulled yesterday!
I’m so grateful for all your kindness & generosity.
Sincerely, Selene. :two_hearts::two_hearts::pray:t2:

3 Likes

I was delighted to receive my delicious Thanksgiving meal. Kudos to the organizers and all the amazing volunteers. The vegetarian loaf was especially yummy–as were the potatoes. I couldn’t have been better served in a 5-star restaurant. And of course knowing that the community came together to support everyone is the best part. Thank you and stay healthy. Here’s to a beautiful holiday season and a great New Year.
Karen C [edited]

Message respectfully communicated via iPhone.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, HelpBerkeley! for this magnificent feast! What an undertaking and how successful you were. I so appreciate it. I hope all of the people who made this possible also had a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Likes

This is just wonderful! You should take a pic of this adorable boy asleep during your run: everyone would melt over this one!

2 Likes

I finally ate the pumpkin pie that was absolutely delicious as was the complete Thanksgiving meal that HelpBerkeley.org generously provided and delivered to me
All through the hard and dedicated work by volunteers and generous donations from people in our community who truly care about others in need during this challenging time due to the Covid Pandemic. I am so amazed at how during this challenging time in our lives how people come through to help each other. Thank you. I feel cared for and it keeps me going. You give me hope and a little more confidence that life will improve for everyone.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Still no idea how to post pictures. I’ll try emailing.

@suzy.bang, when you are on the website, and you post, use the “upload” icon:

3 Likes

OH! That icon looks like a rubber stamp to me. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

My husband John was so thrilled about his fab dinner, he gobbled it down on Wed ! and then— miraculously another showed up 12 hours later! A friend had invited him for ribs in the yard , but he loved his dinner again— was so grateful_—! Thank you all for your fab efforts!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the kindness and hard work and delicious vegetarian Thanksgiving meal. My day turned out to be lovely with masked, distanced walks with friends and family. But as of Wednesday when the meal was delivered, I though I’d be alone all day on Thanksgiving and the meal was the one symbol that anyone knew or cared how my day would be. So I feel blessed many times over and thank you again.

3 Likes

Hello, Friends. Thanks for the wonderful meal. We appreciate it so much.
So much I am grateful for in these photos. Here are a few

G is for Gratitude, that blessing through which we know all our other blessings
H is for HelpBerkeley, who brought us this fabulous meal.

I is for Inflatable, lucky our stomachs are
J is for Just us, pretty handy that that works out in this time of confinement

Love youse! Eat up!

3 Likes

Yay! So glad that you enjoyed it :grinning:

1 Like

Totally forgot about the picture - of my computer screen with a bunch of cousins in small squares. Very nice day and the Thanksgiving dinner was excellent, very delicious. A giant ‘thank you’ to everyone involved in this huge operation!

2 Likes

@suzy.bang, thanks so much for the pictures: they are wonderful!

These persimmons look truly luscious :slight_smile: I have a large persimmon tree here, but, sadly, all the fruits fall before they ripen :frowning:

1 Like

These are not ripe. They are hard as rocks! We leave them indoors to ripen. Give it a try!

1 Like

If not too late, thanks very much for Thanksgiving Dinner. Real food, delicious, complete. Nice to see how you all did it too.

3 Likes