Friends and neighbors of HelpBerkeley, members, and volunteers,
Over Thanksgiving and the winter holidays we plan on delivering close to 10,000 servings to those who need them. We need your help this season—and, in general, on an ongoing basis . Can you volunteer with us? Do you know anyone who could volunteer with us?
For the Thanksgiving and Holiday runs, we need help, in 3-hour shifts, with:
- On Sunday 11/21 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
- On Monday 11/22 from 10:00am until we’re done, food preppers and packers
- On Wednesday 11/24 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, pickup managers to direct drivers and load vehicles
- On Wednesday 11/24 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, drivers to deliver food in Berkeley/Albany
- On Sun and Mon 12/12, 12/13, 12/19 and 12/20: food preppers and packers
- On Thu 12/24, pickup managers and drivers
On an ongoing basis, we need food logistics volunteers, helpline responders, drivers, ops managers and workflow dispatchers. All food prep occurs in basketball-court-like industrial kitchen with 30-foot ceilings and industrial ventilation. All in-person activities require masks and temperature tests.
If you can help us, for a single opportunity, for a few events, or for a longer time:
- please reply to this message
- or email us at HelpBerkeley@gmail.com
Thanks so much for your generosity in this holiday season! And please help us spread the word about these rewarding volunteer opportunities! Teens ages 14+ are welcome to volunteer, as well as younger kids with a parent.