Volunteer to provide free meals to those in need this Thanksgiving!

HelpBerkeley2

Friends and neighbors of HelpBerkeley, members, and volunteers,

Since receiving the Bay Area Jefferson Award for Public Service, the volunteers at HelpBerkeley.org have delivered close to 200,000 free meals so far this year!

Over Thanksgiving and the winter holidays we plan on delivering close to 10,000 servings to those who need them. We need your help this season—and, in general, on an ongoing basis :grinning:. Can you volunteer with us? Do you know anyone who could volunteer with us?

For the Thanksgiving and Holiday runs, we need help, in 3-hour shifts, with:

• On Sunday 11/21 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
  • On Monday 11/22 from 10:00am until we’re done, food preppers and packers
  • On Wednesday 11/24 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, pickup managers to direct drivers and load vehicles
  • On Wednesday 11/24 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, drivers to deliver food in Berkeley/Albany
  • On Sun and Mon 12/12, 12/13, 12/19 and 12/20: food preppers and packers
  • On Thu 12/24, pickup managers and drivers

On an ongoing basis, we need food logistics volunteers, helpline responders, drivers, ops managers and workflow dispatchers. All food prep occurs in basketball-court-like industrial kitchen with 30-foot ceilings and industrial ventilation. All in-person activities require masks and temperature tests.

If you can help us, for a single opportunity, for a few events, or for a longer time:

Thanks so much for your generosity in this holiday season! And please help us spread the word about these rewarding volunteer opportunities! Teens ages 14+ are welcome to volunteer, as well as younger kids with a parent.

I can help with food prep & some deliveries in Dec esp on or after 22nd . ( just moved & pretty chaotic now , but orphan for Xmas .

1 Like

I could do a three hour shift this Sunday.
Jan Stevenson

1 Like

Good morning HelpBerkeley,

I am available and would Love to volunteer. I am available on :
11/21 from 11-3pm.
11/22 from 10a.m -1p.m
12/12 and 12/13 to help with food prepping and packing ( up to 3,4 hours).

Much Appreciation
Crystal/Blue

1 Like

See you this Sunday!

1 Like

yes i can do food prep and packing this Sunday with my wife and 16 yr old daughter from BHS.
Please send details.
Peter c
862 763 2995

1 Like

Hi there - so lovely to see the success of this effort continue to grow.

I can help on Monday 11/22. What is the location where we are to arrive?

I will likely be able to offer help on Wednesday 11/24, but will get back to you which shift/capacity.

Best,
Chrise

Chrise de Tournay Birkhahn

(415) 572-5012
1 Like

I can do food packing 11/21 starting at 1:00. Not sure about 11/22 yet.

1 Like

This looks great! Love the photo!

1 Like

Hi Michel,

I’ll plan to be there at 9:45 on Monday 11/21 and stay til 3:00 or as needed. Please send details about the quantity and what we are packing so we can plan the set up. We saw the additional cartons of pagodas upstairs.

Thanks!
Gina Gozinsky
C 510.388.6738

1 Like

I can help prep and pack food on Monday, 11/22, starting at 10 a.m. and continuing into the afternoon as needed.

Charlie and I can bring bins of food from Bauman to the adult school on Wednesday, 11/24, in our open-bed truck. We can probably fit 10 or 12 bins, lifting them carefully and stacking some in two levels and using tie-downs. (We can do the same on 12/24 if needed.)

1 Like

I can help on Sunday 11/21, Wednesday 11/24, Sunday 12/19 and Thursday 12/24.

1 Like

I’m around in December and happy to help any of the December dates.

1 Like

Michel,

My time frame will be the same as Gina’s, 9:45 until 3 or later if needed

Erica

1 Like

Jim and I can help prep and pack on Sunday, 11/21 at 10a-3p.

1 Like

Hi Michel,
Annie and I will be available to deliver at 1:00 pm on Nov. 24. Where do we go to pickup the meals?

Thanks,
Jack

1 Like

Bob and I can do food prep on Sunday at 10 am.
Thanks,
Suzy

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Jf123 event logistics

Michel,

@ebinn and I will come Sunday AM 9:00 to 10:00 to help you set up. I have to leave at 10:00 to get to church on time. Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks!
Gina Gozinsky
C 510.388.6738

2 Likes

this is so nice what u do
i will be ordering SUNDAY for after my surgery MONday

AND will spread the word~

1 Like