Pls volunteer to prep/ deliver free holiday meals!

Friends and neighbors,

We need everyone’s help to help prep and deliver massive quantities of holiday meals this season! We need tons of help but in particular help to prep and cook meals:

• most urgently we need help cooking and packing the meals:

• on Sunday 12/5 10am-3pm to prep, bake, cook and pack
    • on Sunday 12/12 and Monday 12/13, 10am-3pm, to prep, cook and pack
    • on Sunday 12/19 and Monday 12/20, 10am-3pm, to prep, cook, and pack
  • but also on Thursday 12/23 for the delivery

• from 11:30pm to 2:30pm to manage the driver pickup
    • starting around 1:00pm for about 2 hours to deliver the meals

Please reply to this message and let us know if you are available to volunteers and for what. Thank you so much for your help!

HI Michel -

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to volunteer. I’m hoping I can lend some support l this holiday season.

I’m available:

• Monday 12/13, 10am-3pm, to prep, cook and pack
  • Thursday !2/23 for deliveries

Thanks,
Stephanie

1 Like

Hi
I am available to help with delivering meals on Thursday, 12/23.
Thanks
Joan

1 Like

Good to go on 12.12

1 Like

I can help prep… on Dec 12 and do deliveries on Dec 23.

1 Like

Hi Michel,

I’m available to deliver on 12/23 - we have a dinner that night at our home, so I would appreciate having an early time and ideally the same route that I had for Thanksgiving.

Regards,
“Taieri"

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Holiday meals: please book now!

I would like to volunteer but because I live with a very immunocompromised person, I am wondering about the COVID health precautions for volunteers.
Are all volunteers required to show proof of full vaccination? And what is the physical building situation and spacing situation for volunteers?

Probably others are wondering the same thing so you might want to send out another email (with a slightly different healing so people don’t assume it is a repeat) with this kind of information.

Best
Varya

1 Like

I’m available 12-23 for deliveries.

1 Like

I can drive/deliver on 12/23!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Holiday meals: please book now!

I can help prep on12/13 and 12/23

1 Like

Hi Michel,

You can put me down to deliver on the 23rd. Do I need to provide info on my license or insurance or anything since this will be my 1st time driving for you?

I’ll try to make Sundays for packing but can’t commit to Sundays yet.

also on Thursday 12/23 for the delivery

• starting around 1:00pm for about 2 hours to deliver the meals
  • David Endry
1 Like

Hi Michel,

Alan Baer and I, Lynne Solomon, can help on Sunday December 12 starting at 10.

1 Like

Dear Michael, I’m available to help on 12/12 and12/19. I have some mobility issues so I can’t do a lot, I guess packing would be about my speed. Louise Kaufman

1 Like

Hi Michael! I can help prep/cook/pack on Monday 12/13 and also make the deliveries (in Berkeley) on 12/23.

Pam (@leftcoast)

1 Like

I am unable to help. Sorry.
Bonnie Cooperstein

Michel,
Is the kitchen wheelchair accessible? I am an experienced cook with great knife/food processing skills, but I now use a power wheelchair. (I have restaurant experience from years ago.) If I can get into the kitchen you can set me up in one spot and have folks bring me the raw material.
If this is possible, I’m happy to help with food prep on multiple days, including tomorrow.
Just let me know.
Thanks for putting together this great project.

—Rena Fischer

I can do deliveries on 12/23! (Sorry I can’t help cook/pack – I’m slammed with work things that need to get finished before the holidays.)

I can volunteer to prep, bake, etc. on Sunday 12/12