Please volunteer to drive by posting here

Welcome to HelpBerkeley.org, and thanks so much for volunteering to drive!

HelpBerkeley.org’s mission is to deliver cooked meals to COVID-19 patients sick or quarantined at home. We have made deals with a few wonderful and good-hearted restaurants in Berkeley, who have agreed to sell for $10 two meals per day to our members who need them. We need to deliver them.

Let us know that you are volunteering to drive some of these meals by replying to this message. You can simply select Reply to this message and type your message in the field that comes up. You can always return to our front page by clicking on the Help Berkeley banner at the top of your screen.

Shortly after we see your post or reply, we will contact you and explain the process. You will then be able to volunteer for specific days, or for ranges of days, as you can.

Once you have been made a driver, you will be able to access driver-only areas. Please read the New Driver Welcome FAQ as soon as you are made a driver!

Also, if you are a BHS student, please include this in your message so we can add you to BHS student group on the forum.

Thanks again for volunteering! We look forward to working together.

2 posts were split to a new topic: I can drive sergei

@Sergei, amazing commitment, thanks so much!

Hi! My name is Mia and I can drive after 12pm during the weekdays and any time on the weekends!

Thanks for organizing this. I can deliver meals on weekends and most weekday evenings.

@Miajeffery and @maya, hi! Welcome to Help Berkeley, we’re glad to have you on board.

I have made you both drivers, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website (I also made you a dispatcher Maya, see the dispatch sign up thread).

Below is a link to a helpful post for new drivers to ramp up and learn more. If you have any questions, there are also FAQ’s in the driver subcats, or you can create a new post.
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66 (only clickable by drivers)

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there. I know that both already mentioned when you were free, but it’s still probably worth a look just to see how to let us know if that situation changes, and just for future reference :slight_smile: .

Thanks again!

I can drive to pick up meals and deliver in Berkeley. Mary

Hi @mkanejacobs! Welcome to Help Berkeley, we’re glad to have you on board.

I have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

Below is a link to a helpful post for new drivers to ramp up and learn more. If you have any questions, there are also FAQ’s in the driver subcats, or you can create a new post.
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66 (only clickable by drivers)

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Suzy Can Drive

I can drive Wednesday - early after Saturday. From about 9:30/10am until evenings (7pm +/-).

1 Like

Hi @chrise, welcome to the site! Thank you for volunteering!

I have made your account a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there.

Hi I am available to start tomorrow to make deliveries.

I am still reading through the links on how this is operating, so please let me know if there is anything else i can do to be more reachable.

Thanks

Ocean

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Beth can drive

2 posts were split to a new topic: Kawayanax can drive

I am available to help deliver meals (or anything else). I usually use a bicycle with trailer rather than driving.
I’m in north Berkeley, not too far from Marin Circle. I’m free most of the time.

1 Like

I am a Berkeley High Senior and I can drive after 12pm most days!

1 Like

Hi @rb64 and @KiraGalbraith! Thank you so much for volunteering for us!.

I have made you both drivers, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website. (I also made you a dispatcher)

1 Like

Hey Kealan. I am available for driving/delivering!

1 Like

Hi @sol, Thank you so much for volunteering for us!.

I have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website. (I also made you a dispatcher)

1 Like

I can drive meals, prefer daylight hours. Thanks for this wonderful initiative, I’m sure it will help people soooo much.

2 Likes