Please volunteer to drive by posting here

Hi @Erica, Welcome to Help Berkeley!.

I have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

Below is a link to a helpful post for new drivers to ramp up and learn more. If you have any questions, there are also FAQ’s in the driver subcats, or you can create a new post.
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66 (only clickable by drivers)

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there.

As far as driving during daylight hours go, deliveries every day happen at about 6:00 pm -7:30 pm.

Thank you for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

I can drive every afternoon.

2 Likes

I am available to drive meals! Late afternoon-evening is ideal (4-7 pm or so).

2 Likes

Hi @maya_d, @wendi, thanks for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org!

I have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

Below is a link to a helpful post for new drivers to ramp up and learn more. If you have any questions, there are also FAQ’s in the driver subcats, or you can create a new post.
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66 (only clickable by drivers)

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there.

Deliveries every day happen at about 5:30 pm -7:30 pm: are these times good for you?

Thank you for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Driver lizkarlin

Hi there,

Myself and my partner Zackary would like to volunteer to deliver meals! We are available Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after 5pm, and and pretty much anytime Thursday-Sunday (a little bit variable).

Please let us know how we can help. Thanks so much for putting this together!
Nina

1 Like

Hi there @ninawheels, thanks for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org!

Would you like us to schedule you and your partner as if it were one person, or to schedule you to drive separately? Really, the only difference would be that some nights you may both be scheduled for a delivery.

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

Hi - interested in finding out more about driving.
Andy Gaines
Executive Director
Ashby Village

Hi! Thank you so much for organizing this community. I’m only in Berkeley until the end of the month, but I would be happy to deliver meals during the two remaining weeks I have. I live in North Berkeley, so if there is a need, please let me know and thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi @andygaines, welcome to the site!

The easiest way to give you more info about driving is to classify you as a driver on the site. As a driver, you can see the drivers-only subcategories (subcats). Take a look at the new information available, and let me know if you still would like to be a driver :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hey @sarab, thanks for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We’d love to have you, even if it is just until the end of the month.

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

1 Like

Thank you for organizing this! I would like to volunteer to deliver meals. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is great! My partner and I would like to volunteer to drive and deliver meals. Evening and weekend hours are best, but some daytime hours may be ok as well.

2 Likes

Hi @AJB and @JennP, thanks for volunteering with us, welcome to the community!

I have made you both drivers, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

@AJB, Would you like us to schedule you and your partner as if it were one person, or to schedule you both to drive separately? Really, the only difference would be that some nights you may both be scheduled for deliveries.

1 Like

I’m interested in driving. Please let me know when the shifts are!
Thanks for doing this!

2 Likes

Hi @RachelA,

thanks for volunteering with us, welcome to the community!

We changed the process for volunteering yesterday, so I am really sorry you fell through the cracks yesterday: dispatchers had not adjusted to the new process where volunteers can now do so directly from registration. I have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website: check the /drivers/ category!

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there. Someone will contact you soon for driver training.

You asked about shifts: we drive late afternoon early evenings, leaving around 5:30pm, although there are (rare) exceptions.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I would like to volunteer as a driver!

Hi @kiara, thanks for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org!

Hi there! I can drive Tuesday and Wednesday evenings after 5PM.

1 Like