Ajfox4 dispatcher and driver

I can drive all days and most times.

3 Likes

hello @ajfox4, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org!

Our dispatchers have made you a driver and dispatcher, so now you can access the driver-only and dispatcher-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

Driver links
Below is a link to a helpful post for new drivers to ramp up and learn more. If you have any questions, there are also FAQ’s in the driver subcats, or you can create a new post.
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66 (only clickable by drivers)

The next step is to tell us when your schedule fits to drive, and how often you can drive. I’ll tag you in the driver availability thread, and you can see how to do that there.

Dispatcher links
Your first task is to familiarize yourself with the site. The best way to do that is to read the New dispatcher welcome (only accessible by dispatchers). Create a new topic in the /Dispatch/ category (found on the main page of the site) if you have any questions, and I or another staff member will explain anything :slight_smile:

To discuss dispatch availablity, can you reply to this thread: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/dispatcher-availability/220/18?

A specific question: we are right now looking for dispatchers with good familiarity with modern general-purpose tech (google sheets, social networks) to be a part of our workflow dispatcher subgroup: this subgroup reconciles photo orders to build and route delivery runs every evening (this is not an every-evening assignment, but the process occurs every evening at 8pm). It is a slightly complex and detail-oriented process that is required for every day of deliveries. Is this something that you might be interested in participating in?

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

1 Like

Hi Kaelen TdT. I am pretty facile with modern general purpose tech, e.g., google sheets, but I am not on Facebook which may disqualify me. If not, I am happy to help with the 8 pm dispatch exercise.

2 Likes