Happy Holidays to all: our virtual community dinner!

Thank you @MichelThouati and everyone on this list for their generosity and warmth. I wish all of you peace and well-being!

Many thanks to you, Michel, and your wonderful volunteers. Your pictures are wonderful and will one day be reminders of the love and decency we can and do have and share with others. You are blessed.

Leslie

1 Like

Lovely!!

1 Like

Gratefully received two holiday meals. Got to Host my son and his partner on the patio. A rare treat.
Hope you and all helpers have happy and healthy holidays.

1 Like

Thank you! Delicious meal! Blessings on all who made this all possible.
Thank you.

1 Like

I have been sick for three months and forget who is eligible. I have 2 people staying with me. Can all three of us get meals?

1 Like

Hello, Michel! What a beautiful story. Thanks so much to everyone who shared their pictures and stories. We’re just home alone as always; it is lovely to be part of a bigger story.
I don’t really have much experience with Christmas, or with ham as a holiday food. It was wonderful.

![2020-

2 Likes

Bonjour, Michel,
Merci pour les photos de votre famille. Je voudrais vous souhaite une bonne Annee. Bravo pour le grand effort de l’organisation HelpBerkeley. Amities,
Karen Cilman

| MichelThouati dispatcher
December 25 |

• | - |

Please send your pictures and wishes here!

Dear friends, members and volunteers of HelpBerkeley-

Yesterday we had our largest run! We delivered 1,028 Holiday meals, with 47 drivers, many of which were first-time drivers, 39 packagers and baggers, 4 pickup managers, and many more volunteers.

We are very happy to have shared all this food: as a good Frenchman, I always feel that everything can be solved with food :slight_smile:The reason, of course, is that you share food with those you care about.
The point of sharing a meal is not to feed, but to share companionship, in the same way as you laugh with your friends but you don’t laugh alone.

When we volunteer at HelpBerkeley, we do so because we care about our neighbors and our community. We are all physically alone this Holiday, but spiritually we are not alone. We are all surrounded by this warmth of companionship that our network our caring neighbors and friends provides.

So let’s post lots of pictures and make this a virtual Holiday celebration: Happy Holidays to all!

In my household, we would like to share our lovely Holiday lunch. My firstborn son came back to us today to be with us for a while. We waited for him to celebrate Hanukkah, so today is our first day of Hanukkah :slight_smile:. He made his own first Hallah, and there, below, are my two sons, celebrating with us:

Hallah

Hannukkah

Dear All who helped,

Thank you, thank you to all who organized, prepared and delivered the excellent meals on the 23rd. My neighbors who delivered it said how impressed they were with the organization. Herewith, a donation. Oops! I’m sending it.

Best wishes for a happier, healthy 2021,
Joan Finnie

Can you give me the address again? Thanks.

Dear Michel,

All those Christmas dinners volunteers! Wow!

Thanks for the photos and stories of your sons, and hope you are enjoying celebrating Chanukah together :slight_smile:

Just curious about one thing - was that quinoa instead of mashed potato I got?
I was so glad there was no brus-sprots in roasted vegs!

Greetings Michel,

Thank you for sharing these sweet photos of your family’s Hanukkah celebration. How wonderful that both sons could be present, the challah looks delicious! I meant to respond sooner to your email. But since I’ve delayed until now – I am able to wish you, your family, and ALL at HelpBerkeley a wonderful and blessed New Year 2021.

Best to you, with much gratitude,
Lynn (Luna) Orlando
(HelpBerkeley Meal recipient)

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to get to the restaurant list?