HelpBerkeley's Holiday run: a true interfaith operation

Yes, the meals included a whole pumpkin pie per family. (We actually originally thought they were going to be mini-pies but they turned out to be full-sized pies.) Enjoy!

Yes, it is ham. Sorry, I thought all the initial communications were pretty clear that the "regular’ holiday meal included ham. I hope you find someone to donate the ham to.

1 Like

Hi there!
Thank you so much. I wanted to mention that my rations did not include desert and one meal did not include potatoes. Maybe I received a special order of someone else’s?
It’s not the end if the world by any means and I know you are competing and overwhelming task.
I had a 3 ration order to 1030 Addison.
Tyra Herr

1 Like

This was very moving information. Thank you for sharing it.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for lovely meal and pie
Appreciate
Ellen Levin​:turtle::heart_decoration:

1 Like

Tyra, this is so bizzare :frowning:. Are you sure there was no boxed pie on your stoop? You were supposed to receive two pies!

1 Like

I am so touched by my community providing my lovely Christmas. Hard to tell my (distanced) loved ones about it because I start crying…happy tears of feeling the arms of a supportive community during a very lonely time for a frightened senior.
Thank you.

2 Likes

The vegan holiday meal was fabulous. Could you tell me who baked the vegan cupcakes? I want to be sure to support that bakery when I am able to get out once again!

2 Likes

Rubicon gifted all the desserts: they are an amazing local bakery with a wonderful :heart:

You can buy their baked goods at Andronico’s or Safeway!

1 Like

@Tyra, I am glad we were able to correct the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words Michel. I don’t know about brilliant, but I do feel very lucky–lucky to know, with so much certainty, that our community would come together enthusiastically for this. Seeing some familiar names on this list warms my heart. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hello,
I just want to say that you all coming together and starting the HelpBerkeley program really helped many Berkeley residents during pandemic

Best,

Jason Davis

2 Likes