Maria new driver

Hola! I would be happy to help and deliver meals. Please let me know how I can help.
Gracias y saludos! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @maria, welcome to HelpBerkeley.org and thanks very much for volunteering!

Our dispatchers have made you a driver, so now you can access the driver-only subcategories (subcats) on the website.

The next driver training sessions, on Zoom, are listed on this thread: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-training-this-week/874. Can you reply to the thread and let us know which session you will attend?

Until then, here is a link to the core information required for drivers to ramp up:
https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/new-driver-welcome-please-read-this/66
(only clickable by drivers) . Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re glad to have you on board!

3 Likes

Hola @maria (MarĂ­a)! Thanks for volunteering! Muchas gracias por ser voluntaria!

Tenemos unas sesiónes (Zoom) de orientación para conductores este jueves a las 11 y a las 14, y este sábado a las 11. ¿Puede asistir? Si no puede, el programa completo con todas las flechas se enumera en el enlace arriba. Por favor díganos cuándo prefiere asistir!

2 Likes

Hola Kaelan! Gracias por tu mensaje. I was reading the information before signing up for a zoom meeting but I wanted to confirm with you first when do I need to pick up the food at the restaurant, it seems it is between 5-6pm. Is it always that time? That’s difficult for me since is when I pick up my son from school. Please let me know if this could be flexible or any other time to see if I can make it work.

Gracias de nuevo! Saludos!

2 Likes

Hola @maria!

Unfortunately, we do pick up the food from the restaurants right around 5:00pm, a little before or a little after :frowning:

However, we really need CustomerCare volunteers to help older customers who have a hard time registering. The schedule for that is totally flexible, so, for instance, you can do in mornings, early afternoons, or evenings–whatever works for you. Would you be willing to consider volunteering as a CustomerCare dispatcher instead?

Another option would be workflow dispatching–that one, however, is always at 7:00pm, and requires good comfort with online spreadsheets. It is the hardest thing we do :slight_smile: