Hi @Moneypenny, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We would love to work with you. Our dispatchers have made you a logistics volunteer, and you can now access volunteer areas on the website. And—we love your username
As a logistics volunteer, you have access to many opportunities! Here are some of them:
- You can prep and cook food. Specifically for the 2021 Holidays, they occur on Sundays and Mondays, normally between 10:00am and 3:00pm or in shorter shifts. We do food prep in a huge hall that used to be a First World War Women’s Auxiliary Hall, with 30-foot ceilings, and enormous fans and vents. Everyone wears masks. We ask that everyone be vaccinated, and we check temperatures on arrival.
- prep and pack days for the holidays are Sun 12/19 and Mon 12/20
- You can manage driver pickups outdoors. For the holidays, it will be on Thu 12/23 between 11:30am and 3:00pm for the 2021 Holidays.
- Every week of the year, you can:
- prep on Sundays between 12:30pm and 3:30pm
- cook on Mondays between 9:00am and 12:00pm
- pack on Mondays between 11:30am and 2:30pm
- organize driver pickup on Mondays between 1:15pm and 3:45pm
For more info/dates for these events view this link: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/logistics-volunteers-pls-help-prepping-and-packing-holiday-meals/8229
What would you like to do? Can you attend one of our Holiday prep & pack days, or the driver pickup management on 12/23? Please reply to this message!
One of us will contact you in the next 24-48 hours as well.
Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re so glad to have you on board!