Moneypenny logistics volunteer

Hi @Moneypenny, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We would love to work with you. Our dispatchers have made you a logistics volunteer, and you can now access volunteer areas on the website. And—we love your username :slight_smile:

As a logistics volunteer, you have access to many opportunities! Here are some of them:

• You can prep and cook food. Specifically for the 2021 Holidays, they occur on Sundays and Mondays, normally between 10:00am and 3:00pm or in shorter shifts. We do food prep in a huge hall that used to be a First World War Women’s Auxiliary Hall, with 30-foot ceilings, and enormous fans and vents. Everyone wears masks. We ask that everyone be vaccinated, and we check temperatures on arrival.
    • prep and pack days for the holidays are Sun 12/19 and Mon 12/20
  • You can manage driver pickups outdoors. For the holidays, it will be on Thu 12/23 between 11:30am and 3:00pm for the 2021 Holidays.
  • Every week of the year, you can:
    • prep on Sundays between 12:30pm and 3:30pm
    • cook on Mondays between 9:00am and 12:00pm
    • pack on Mondays between 11:30am and 2:30pm
    • organize driver pickup on Mondays between 1:15pm and 3:45pm

For more info/dates for these events view this link: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/logistics-volunteers-pls-help-prepping-and-packing-holiday-meals/8229

What would you like to do? Can you attend one of our Holiday prep & pack days, or the driver pickup management on 12/23? Please reply to this message!

One of us will contact you in the next 24-48 hours as well.

Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re so glad to have you on board!

Hi. Sorry for my late reply.

I’ll be available to help on 12/23. I’ll also be able to pick up occasional Sunday shifts in the future and will sign up when I can.

I wish I could sign up for more dates but I rarely have availability/childcare at the volunteer time slots.

Ranjana

2 Likes

Hi Ranjana,

That’s wonderful! Thank you so much. There will be a very detailed email instruction for pickup managers to be sent out on 22nd. We are still working on the pickup details, but the location will be at Berkeley Adult School.
See you on 23rd!
Akemi