Hi @tweety7721, welcome and thanks so much for volunteering with HelpBerkeley.org! We would love to work with you. Our dispatchers have made you a logistics volunteer , and you can now access volunteer areas on the website.
As a logistics volunteer, you have access to many opportunities! Here are some of them:
- You can prep and cook food . Specifically the 2021 Holidays, they occur on Sundays and Mondays, normally between 10:00am and 3:00pm or in shorter shifts. We do food prep in a huge hall that used to be a First World War Women’s Auxiliary hall, with about 30 foot ceilings, and enormous fans and vents. Everyone wears masks. We ask that everyone be vaccinated, and we check temperatures on arrival.
- prep and pack days for the holidays are Sun 12/12, Mon 12/13, Sun 12/19 and Mon 12/20
- you can manage driver pickups outdoors on Thu 12/23 between 11:30am and 3:00pm for the 2021 Holidays.
- and, every week of the year, you can:
- prep on Sundays between 12:30pm and 3:30pm
- cook on Mondays between 9:00am and 12:00pm
- pack on Mondays between 11:30am and 2:30pm
- organize driver pickup between 1:15pm and 3:45pm
For more info/dates for these events view this link: https://go.helpberkeley.org/t/logistics-volunteers-pls-help-prepping-and-packing-holiday-meals/8229
What would you like to do? Can you attend one of our Holiday prep & pack days? Please reply to this message!
One of us will contact you in the next 24-48 hours as well.
Thank you for again for volunteering your time with us, we’re so glad to have you on board!