Volunteering for the Holiday run? Post here!

I would like to volunteer to deliver. Amy

3 Likes

Just signed up. My husband and I can volunteer to package / bag on either the 22 or the 23. Do you still need help?

2 Likes

I can volunteer on Dec. 23rd as either a driver or bagger, whatever you need. I will have my children (7 and 10) with me but they can help as well. Just let me know how we can be helpful. Thanks for organizing!

3 Likes

Hi, my friend and I would like to volunteer with our 12 year old kids. Can you tell me the difference between food packaging vs bagging? Do you accept kids that age? Or would helping with delivery be better suited for them

2 Likes

I can drive on the 23rd.

2 Likes

That is really great!

Packaging takes the food from big pots into individual containers. Bagging takes individual containers and turns them into bags for delivery.

We are good on packing on the 22nd, but we could use help on the 23rd for bagging (we are getting pretty close though).

Enthusiastically!

They would also be great for delivery, though, and our members, who are often old or very old, love to interact with children even if from afar. We definitely need help with delivery.

Let us know what you want to do then!

1 Like

That is super nice, thanks so much!

We love to see children participating: that is great. They will be welcome!

We need more help in delivery. Your kids would be very welcome there as well: our members are often quite old, and it is very joyful for them to interact with children (from afar), of course.

Quick question, so we know what kind of training to send you to: are you volunteering just for the 23rd, or also for more driving runs? Either would be great, of course. We have delivered meals every day since March 27, and we could definitely use more drivers in general!

1 Like

Yes, thanks so much! We are good on the 22nd but we need more help on the 23rd!

1 Like

Just tell me/us where and when to be there on the 23rd.
Heather

2 Likes

We can bring 1 adult and 2 twelve year old kids for deliveries on the 23rd.

1 Like

I’ll start with volunteering on the 23rd and then hopefully do maybe one driver run/week after that. I am going to sign up to do driver training tomorrow. Thanks!

2 Likes

We can drive on the 23rd. We’ll have 2 kids. I know another family that wants to join as well, but they will be in a separate car. Let us know about orientation.

2 Likes

I can help with bagging and driving on 23rd.

2 Likes

Thanks so much again for volunteering to help with meal packing/bagging! This will be a big endeavor, and we are so grateful to have you! We are still organizing exact shifts for our volunteers, but we will be needing baggers between 7:30am to 12:00pm on the 23rd, the location is near 600 Hoffman Blvd in Richmond. Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Hi,
So I spoke to someone on the phone and decided to be a driver instead.
I think his name is Michel or something like that? I’m 65 and decided to limit my exposure.
He said he’d send me more information about a zoom presentation about an app I’d need etc. Can you point me the right direction on how to be a driver instead?
Thanks,
Heather

2 Likes

So sorry about the mix up! So glad you connected with Michel, he’s an amazing guy and definitely will point you in the right direction :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi @heatherjazz!

@Leonardo, can you send some info to @heatherjazz? I am still in workflow :frowning:

1 Like

Done! @heatherjazz, you should have received a note from me just a moment ago! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Got it! Thanks!

2 Likes

Would like to volunteer with my two sons (14 and 12) for meal bagging (Wednesday, Dec 23rd, 7:30am to 12:00 noon)

2 Likes