Volunteering for the Holiday run? Post here!

Thanks for helping us organize our Holiday run!

We are expecting to deliver, on the 23rd, more than 800 free meals all around Berkeley, Albany and Kensington. We will probably have 50 drivers on the road, 8 workflow dispatchers, 6 ops managers, 20 baggers and traffic managers, a group of helpline volunteers, and more.

Please reply to this thread and tell us what you are volunteering for! More than likely, you are volunteering as a:

• driver (Wednesday, Dec 23rd, starting sometime between 9:30am and 1:00pm, for approximately 2:00 hours) [need a 45 minute orientation session] [needs to use a phone app during delivery window]
  • food packager (Tuesday, Dec 22st, 12:30pm to 3:30pm)
    [EDIT] we are covered for the 22nd. But we still need help on the 23rd.
  • meal bagging and driver flow management (Wednesday, Dec 23rd, 7:30am to 12:00 noon)

All packaging and bagging activities are done in the open air, under a large tent cover.
Meal pickup, and all packaging and bagging activities, will happen near 600 Hoffman Blvd, in Richmond.

Our biggest need is for drivers. Drivers use a simple phone app while on a delivery run, and require a short 40-minute orientation session that discusses communications during the run, contagion prevention, along with frequent food delivery problems and their solutions.

To participate, please

• register as a volunteer at go.helpberkeley.org/signup
    scroll down on the scrollbar to uncover all registration fields before clicking on “create new account”
  • reply to the present thread with your volunteering preferences

We can’t do it without your help, and we are very grateful. Thank you for your generosity!

2 Likes

Suggestion: add location. So people know how far away it is from where they are.

1 Like

Done, thank you!

1 Like

Hello:

my daughter Barbara and I would like to participate in the food packaging on December 22 starting 12:30pm.

Thanks, Ursula

1 Like

Thanks so much! I tagged you in the packaging thread in the lounge!

Hello,

I can volunteer as a food packager on Tuesday Dec 22 from 12:30-3:30.

Thank you,

Benjamin Lo

1 Like

Hi I can be a food packager Tuesday, Dec 22st, 12:30pm to 3:30 pm

1 Like

Hi Michel!
This is Gina. I was able to sign up. I will volunteer for:

1 Like

Hi Michel - I will sign up for food packaging on the 22nd, bagging on the 23rd, and my husband and I will do delivery at 1:00 on the 23rd. OK? Thanks! Gina

1 Like

Gina, you are amazing! OK! Thank you!!

Do you need additional help? I can see if I can wrangle some for food packing or bagging. Let me know.

I am feeling pretty good about the 22nd, packaging. But we could use help for sure with bagging on the 23rd because we need a lot of our volunteers on the 23rd in other positions, and we may need help with drivers as well, although I am not sure about that yet (the signup for drivers has only been open for a day).

That would be awesome!

@xbenjaminlo, @tessjust, thanks so much for volunteering! I tagged you in the Holiday packaging thread in the Lounge. We put you both down for the 22nd.

1 Like

Volunteering for the holiday run!

2 Likes

Hi, I can assist with meal bagging on the 23rd!

2 Likes

I can drive on Wednesday and Thursday, December 23 and 24

2 Likes

I would like to volunteer to drive on Dec 23rd with my kids. I am also open to meal bagging. Can you let me know what that entails? Thanks,

3 Likes

Hi Julie! I will call you to discuss in about 10 minutes. Be aware that my cell’s area code is 262 :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can volunteer to Drive on December 23rd. I think I responded before, but just in case…

2 Likes

My son Sam and I volunteer to help bagging on the morning of the 23rd.

2 Likes