Thanks for helping us organize our Holiday run!
We are expecting to deliver, on the 23rd, more than 800 free meals all around Berkeley, Albany and Kensington. We will probably have 50 drivers on the road, 8 workflow dispatchers, 6 ops managers, 20 baggers and traffic managers, a group of helpline volunteers, and more.
Please reply to this thread and tell us what you are volunteering for! More than likely, you are volunteering as a:
- driver (Wednesday, Dec 23rd, starting sometime between 9:30am and 1:00pm, for approximately 2:00 hours) [need a 45 minute orientation session] [needs to use a phone app during delivery window]
- food packager (Tuesday, Dec 22st, 12:30pm to 3:30pm)
[EDIT] we are covered for the 22nd. But we still need help on the 23rd.
- meal bagging and driver flow management (Wednesday, Dec 23rd, 7:30am to 12:00 noon)
All packaging and bagging activities are done in the open air, under a large tent cover.
Meal pickup, and all packaging and bagging activities, will happen near 600 Hoffman Blvd, in Richmond.
Our biggest need is for drivers. Drivers use a simple phone app while on a delivery run, and require a short 40-minute orientation session that discusses communications during the run, contagion prevention, along with frequent food delivery problems and their solutions.
To participate, please
- register as a volunteer at go.helpberkeley.org/signup
scroll down on the scrollbar to uncover all registration fields before clicking on “create new account”
- reply to the present thread with your volunteering preferences
We can’t do it without your help, and we are very grateful. Thank you for your generosity!