Contributing to pay for others' meals who can't afford them?

Hello Michel,

I used helpberkeley the other day and it was just great. It works so well, and the food was delicious. It is so
nice to have a break once in awhile. I would like to contribute in some way. I can not volunteer because I
am in the high risk group, but could I contribute in some other way? Could a fund be started for people
who are really on a strict budget and can’t even afford the 10 dollars. I would contribute for sure.

Thank you again, Kay L

[edited for personal info]

6 Likes

@Kay, this is SO generous of you!

Ever since we started HelpBerkeley, we have wanted to make it possible to fund meals for those who cannot afford them. The first three months, we were very focused on operations: we needed to create a structure that could actually run without too many hiccups.

In the past couple of weeks, for the first time we have had a chance to make some progress in this direction: we are in the process on incorporating as a 501(c)3 non-profit, which will enable us to raise funds. Our purpose is just what you asked:

It will take us a few weeks to do so. Then, the next step will be for us to start fundraising for it. We are novices at fundraising so it will be an interesting process for us–but that is where we want to go!

I am guessing that, in possibly 6 weeks, we will all be able to contribute to such a fund!

2 Likes

That sounds just great!!! Kay

1 Like