Delicious meal, thank you!

Dear Naomi,

I received my first meal from helpberkeley tonight. It was delicious! I feel as if I haven’t eaten properly for four months. I could barely get through half of it. I am sure it will last me for two days or more.

I am just writing to say I feel so very grateful to you and to this organization. Usually I am the one who is doing the volunteering. But this time, I am the one who needs help. And I suddenly know so much more deeply how it feels to be on the other side of giving. It is humbling and inspiring.

Again, I am so grateful. I only wish I had been outside enough to have seen that sign on the street corner sooner. This will makes a huge difference in my life.

I guess the one suggestion I have is just that: that since (some of) the people you want to reach out to are the ones completely shut in as I am, perhaps flyers under doors might be an idea. You might also get other people to donate that way as well.

Thank you again. So very grateful.

Jennifer

4 Likes

@jenny,
I’m so happy that you enjoyed your first meal, and so glad you connected with us.
I am sure you have given so much to our community. Your kind note is uplifting and inspiring to us!
I really appreciate your suggestion for flyers. I’ll check and see if we can do that.
Best wishes,
Naomi

1 Like