Volunteer to provide free meals to those in need this Thanksgiving!

A post was split to a new topic: Nellyh is now an event volunteer!

@MichelThouati @camerontdt

Will all the volunteers be going to Bauman, 9th & University?

Are you getting enough volunteers?

Only on Sun-Mon. The Wed ones will go to the Berkeley Adult School back parking lot, on Curtis.

Kaelan and I have been wondering all day, sorry for taking so long. It looks like we will have enough, but I am not sure how many will be no-shows.

1 Like

my family can deliver on Wed from 1-4pm. we will be in two cars, a Subaru Outback and my crew cab Toyota Tacoma.

1 Like

Thanks. I can see how that would be hard to calculate. Maybe lots of back-ups!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Kubwa is now an event colunteer!

A post was split to a new topic: Mct is now an event volunteer!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Monday 11/22 food prep and pack instructions

I would be available on Wednesday thanksgiving deliveries…thanks, carol

1 Like

Hello, is it okay to still sign up for Sunday 11/21 to help prep/pack and deliver on 11/24? Thanks for all you do.

1 Like

@Nunule, thanks so much for volunteering!

Yes, it is still OK to volunteer for 11/21. For driving for 11/24 we may possibly be quite comfortable, but that may change. I can let you know in another 24 hours!

Could u give me the address again. Doesn’t look right on google
Thanks
Jan

A post was split to a new topic: Jaym logistics volunteer!

Hi Michel
I haven’t yet received a message re where to be tomorrow for volunteering. We were planning to come @ 11a for pickup duty. Let me know.
Best,
Chris

It is coming out in a few minutes!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wed 11/24 pickup managers instructions

A post was split to a new topic: Missing dinner or …?

Dear Michel,

Thank you so much for all of your work and help this Thanksgiving. Please extend my thank you and appreciation to everyone involved in preparing and delivering the food. The people who delivered the food were beautiful. The packaging was beautiful. The amount of food was beyond generous. The only suggestion that I have if you decide to do this again is to sacrifice quantity for quality. I understand the constraints of budgets. Not suggesting doing anything outside of the budget; but, using the same budget to purchase higher quality but less foods, which would lower the number of meals. You would then donate fewer but higher quality meals.

Again, please accept my deepest gratitude to you and your staff.

Marlene Regis

| MichelThouati dispatcher
November 17 |

• | - |

Friends and neighbors of HelpBerkeley, members, and volunteers,

Since receiving the Bay Area Jefferson Award for Public Service, the volunteers at HelpBerkeley.org have delivered close to 200,000 free meals so far this year!

Over Thanksgiving and the winter holidays we plan on delivering close to 10,000 servings to those who need them. We need your help this season—and, in general, on an ongoing basis :grinning:. Can you volunteer with us? Do you know anyone who could volunteer with us?

For the Thanksgiving and Holiday runs, we need help, in 3-hour shifts, with:

• On Sunday 11/21 from 10:00am to 3:00pm, food preppers and packers
  • On Monday 11/22 from 10:00am until we’re done, food preppers and packers
  • On Wednesday 11/24 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, pickup managers to direct drivers and load vehicles
  • On Wednesday 11/24 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, drivers to deliver food in Berkeley/Albany
  • On Sun and Mon 12/12, 12/13, 12/19 and 12/20: food preppers and packers
  • On Thu 12/24, pickup managers and drivers

On an ongoing basis, we need food logistics volunteers, helpline responders, drivers, ops managers and workflow dispatchers. All food prep occurs in basketball-court-like industrial kitchen with 30-foot ceilings and industrial ventilation. All in-person activities require masks and temperature tests.

If you can help us, for a single opportunity, for a few events, or for a longer time:

Thanks so much for your generosity in this holiday season! And please help us spread the word about these rewarding volunteer opportunities! Teens ages 14+ are welcome to volunteer, as well as younger kids with a parent.

Hi! I just started a new account (new here). I’m available on 12/19 and 12/20 for food prep and packing.

1 Like

@MimiV that is awesome, thank you so much! We’ll be in touch today!